I have dedicated myself to providing unparalleled service, product knowledge and professional standards to each and every mortgage transaction I handle.
Mortgage lending has become very challenging and sophisticated in today's ever-changing financial quagmire. The decisions you make can have significant consequences for years to come. I am committed to educating my clients, as well as guiding them through all of their options in order to make the best financial decision regarding their new home purchase.
My business is built upon referrals, and my goal is to exceed your service expectations throughout each step of the home financing process. Competitive rates and fees, along with a wide variety of programs, enable me to help more homebuyers achieve their goals. Allow me to put my 10 years of experience to work for you.
Welcome to the online loan worksheet. First, I'd like to gather some information about you, the primary borrower. Where you've lived for the past two years, where you've been employed for the past two years and some information about assets you may have.Apply Now
Our Mortgage Process
Trust the biggest purchase of your life to our experience. Whether you're on your way to getting your first home, your next home, or a better rate on your existing mortgage, we will walk you through every step of the loan process. Now is the perfect time to get in touch with us and get the personal advice and guidance Bell Mortgage is famous for.
Once you've had all your questions answered and you're ready to start the home loan process, this is what you can expect.
1. Complete our online application.
The pre-approval application asks you questions about the home you wish to buy or refinance and your finances. To process your application, we need financial information about you - your current mortgage or rent, your other loans, your income, your assets, etc. As soon as you've finished the application, we review your request and immediately begin to process it.
2. We'll send you an application package and prepare your loan for processing.
Your loan application will include papers to sign and a list of items we'll need to verify the information you provided about your finances during the online application.
Here is a summary of the forms involved:
- Good Faith Estimate of Settlement Costs - This details the loan amount and all related charges and fees.
- Truth in Lending Disclosure - This lets you know what your estimated annual percentage rate of interest (APR) will be and any other program features that apply.
- Borrowers Certification - When you sign this, you authorize that all the information you provided is correct to the best of your knowledge. It also lets us finalize the process by contacting your landlord, employer, mortgage company, etc. and getting your credit report.
Next, we order the appraisal from a licensed appraiser who is familiar with home values in your area to determine its fair market value. The appraiser visits the property and compares its features, floor plan, lot, etc. against other similar properties in the area. (You receive a copy of the appraisal.)
4. We'll contact you to coordinate your closing date.
After we receive your application package, the appraisal and the title work, we contact you to schedule your loan closing. If you are purchasing a home, we also schedule the closing with the real estate agent. The closing takes place at an approved title office in your area. A few days before closing, we contact you to walk through the final information.
5. Apply now.
Start now by applying and you will be on your way to the most convenient home loan ever! That's all there is to it.
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
As a first time homebuyer Karin gave me great comfort in the process of my first home purchase. I had worked with many brokers trying to initiate an FHA loan, each broker told me that FHA loans were a poor choice and hard to do, especially the 203k Rehab loans, until I met Karin. Karin explained the whole process and was eager to help me originate a loan with FHA. She was hands on the entire time and always extremely quick to answer any questions I had along the way. I would strongly urge anyone, first time or experienced homebuyer, to choose Karin for their financing needs, her expertise and care are unmatched.
Thanks for all of your help, Karin. You made a complicated purchase as easy as possible for us!
Thank you so much for all your help and answers to my endless questions. You made the whole process so much easier! We couldn’t have done this without you! Thank you!
Kate, Joel & Grace
There are a lot of myths about financing a new home – and we’re here to dispel them for you! Here are some of the most commonly held “mortgage myths”:
- You need a 20% down payment to purchase a home. False! You may qualify for an FHA mortgage or other special program that can reduce the amount of down payment you need.
- Getting pre-approved costs a lot of money. False! At Bell Mortgage, you can apply for online or in-person pre-approval, and it’s fast and free!
- You should wait until you are ready to buy to find out what mortgage you qualify for. False! You should get pre-approved 6 months before you’re ready to move. That allows you more time to save, repair credit issues or even look for a home.
- All mortgage companies are alike: False! Our Bell Mortgage team brings years of financing experience and the region’s largest mortgage bank to your home loan! That means competitive rates, programs, costs and unequaled personal service.
About Super Mortgage Professionals
Karin Wald was named to the 2014 list of Super Mortgage Professionals, independently chosen by the homeowners they serve and approved by industry leaders. This list is compiled by Twin Cities Business, Minneapolis-St. Paul magazine and Crescendo Business Services, an Eagan-based market research company. It includes only about 130 mortgage professionals who successfully navigate mortgages.
Mortgage professionals named to the list were graded on customer service, integrity, market knowledge, communication, closing preparation, finding the best rates and overall satisfaction. Each professional went through a rigorous screening process, then was reviewed by a panel of mortgage and real estate industry experts selected to participate in the process based on their experience and knowledge of the industry.